Fun Family Activities in and Around Denton, Texas
March 12, 2019
As one of the most family-friendly suburbs in the Dallas-Fort Worth area, Denton prides itself on offering an abundance of activities for families of all ages and interests. Whether you’ve just moved to the area or are looking for something new to do, we’ve got you covered. Here are some great options for exceptional family fun in and around Denton, Texas.
Learn About History
Denton is home to dozens of historic treasures. Make history relevant by making it fun with these great attractions:
- Visit Denton’s breathtaking courthouse on the square. This stunning building attracts people from across the globe. It features a small museum and walkable landscaping.
- Check out the Denton County African American Museum. This small, unassuming building features a home one occupied by members of the African American Quakertown community.
- Go on a Ghosts of Denton Haunted Tour. Spook your family while learning about the area’s rich and diverse history.
Eat a Delicious Meal
Denton and Dallas-Fort Worth are home to some of the country’s best restaurants. As every family knows, though, finding food that kids love can prove challenging. Sample a range of cuisine by going on the Dallas West Village Restaurant Hop. Some other family-friendly options include:
- Diner food compatible with every need—including vegetarian and vegan—at the Seven Mile Cafe.
- Classic comfort food and southern favorites at the Old West Cafe.
- A classic ice cream and malt shop at Frosty’s.
- Exceptional burgers and vegetarian-friendly bar fare at LSA Burger Co.
Embrace a Hobby
Whether you already have a hobby-obsessed child (trains and tractors, anyone?) or are hoping to help your child embrace a new interest, Denton is full of wonderful options. Try these:
- Take transportation-obsessed toddlers and kids for a ride on the A-train. The train connects to Fair Park, so consider a day at the fair when the weather is nice.
- If your child is obsessed with all things firefighter-related, help them explore a little more deeply at the Denton Firefighters Museum.
- Check out A Creative Art Studio. Part gallery, part gift shop, part art education center, there’s something for everyone here.
- Enjoy indoor games such as bowling, arcade games, and ski ball at Andy B’s Bowl Social.
- Go on an art-themed scavenger hunt in the Dallas Arts District.
You don’t have to unplug the TV and lock your kids outside to help them get some exercise. Check out one of these great options instead:
Enjoy the Great Outdoors
Denton is a beautiful, highly walkable city with plenty of old growth forests and exceptional nature preserves. Spend some time outside with these great options:
- Get to know the horses at one of Denton’s many horse farms. As part of North Texas Horse Country, Denton offers a wide range of horseback riding opportunities, as well as chances to volunteer with horses and attend horse-themed events.
- Take in the unrivaled beauty of Clear Creek, which offers nearly 3,000 acres of forest to explore via walking trails, hiking, and camping.
- Go on a family campout session in Trophy Club. The next one is in March, but the city sponsors year-round family-friendly outdoor challenges.
ArrowBrooke is proud to welcome families to the Denton area. With walkable neighborhoods, gorgeous homes, and a neighborhood specifically designed with you in mind, we’re sure you’ll find a home you can love here. Learn more about our homes, which start in the mid $200s, here.